This year I’ve had the honor of spending time with some amazing people who are doing great things for good! In response to the consumption surrounding us, let’s become a generous people and do good, by supporting the good others are doing. Here are a few causes I deeply care about, if you feel prompted, I encourage you to give!
1. Discover the Journey: DTJ is a team of journalists, artists and story-tellers who expose injustices facing children in-crisis around the world and advocate for intervention partners until change is realized
2. The Mentoring Project: Re-writing the fatherless story through mentoring.
3. Invisible Children: Invisible Children is a social, political and global movement using the transformative power of story to change lives. By inspiring youth culture to value creativity, idealism and sacrifice, the movement fuels the most effective, adaptable and innovative programs in the world.
4. Not for Sale Campaign: Not for Sale is a campaign of students, entrepreneurs, artists, people of faith, athletes, law enforcement, politicians, social workers, skilled professionals, & justice seekers, united to fight the global slave trade of over 30 million people.
5. Mika Community Development Corporation: Mika CDC’s vision is to enable the leaders of 6 low-income neighborhoods of Costa Mesa to transform their communities through community building, youth programs and other community driven initiatives.